Before and AftersView gallery
Don’t forget your hands!!
Ageing hands may be premature despite your facial skin looking perfectly healthy and well for your age. Sun damage to back of your hands is the main cause of this problem.
Research has shown two main things people dislike about their hands is the discolouration ie: pigmentation. and secondly, prominent veins.
Pigment spots, sun spots, along with dull, rough texture can be helped by certain laser treatments.
Prominent veins, tendons and skeletonisation can be addressed by injectable dermal fillers:
- Collagen stimulator from Merz, can restore volume to the skin and reduce prominent veins and boney hand appearance. Click here for more information.
- Adding PRP with soft gel filler can be alternative for people wanting to bring volume to skin. This uses your own cells and growth factors to regenerate your skin.
- Soft gel filler can be injected in micro-droplet form to hydrate the crepey skin on back of the hands. Click here for more information
Who will do my treatments?
All consultations, treatment planning and treatments are done by our experienced doctors. No “dermal or cosmetic therapists” or nurses are used at Áda Aesthetic Clinics.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of hand rejuvenation?
Hand rejuvenation refers to cosmetic procedures or treatments aimed at improving the appearance of the hands by reducing signs of ageing and restoring a more youthful look. Here are some benefits of hand rejuvenation:
- Reduced signs of ageing: Hand rejuvenation procedures can help diminish the visible signs of ageing on the hands, such as wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, and pigmentation irregularities.
- Improved skin texture: Treatments like chemical peels, microdermabrasion, or laser resurfacing can enhance the texture of the skin, making it smoother and softer.
- Increased volume: Loss of fat and collagen in the hands can result in a bony or veiny appearance. Hand rejuvenation treatments using dermal fillers or fat grafts can restore lost volume, providing a fuller and more youthful look.
- Restored skin elasticity: As we age, the skin on our hands tends to lose elasticity and firmness. Procedures like dermal fillers or collagen-stimulating treatments can help restore elasticity, making the hands appear more youthful.
It’s important to consult with a qualified medical specialist to determine which hand rejuvenation treatment options are suitable for you, as the best approach may vary depending on your specific concerns and goals.
How long does hand rejuvenation last?
The duration of hand rejuvenation results depends on the specific treatment. Dermal fillers typically last around 6 months to 1 year. Fat grafting results can vary, but touch-up procedures may be required. Collagen-stimulating treatments can last up to two years or more. Chemical peels and laser treatments generally provide results that last several months to a year. Individual factors can affect the longevity of the results.
Is hand rejuvenation painful?
The level of pain or discomfort experienced during hand rejuvenation procedures can vary. Most treatments involve mild discomfort, such as a pinching or stinging sensation during injections. Numbing creams, local anaesthesia, or cooling methods can be used to minimise pain. It’s important to discuss your concerns with your healthcare provider to ensure your comfort during the procedure.