Pros And Cons Of Laser Hair Removal
Have you ever considered laser hair removal?
When it comes to removing hair from your body, you have options. Some options last longer than others and the most long-term options come in the form of laser. Laser hair removal is the process by which a concentrated beam of light is aimed at the hair. The light is absorbed by the pigment, which damages the follicle enough to retard future growth. Lasers can remove hair for anywhere from several months to years, as the results differ widely from person to person. The average person usually requires between 6 and 10 sessions for long-term results. Finer hair can be observed even after the first treatment. The treatment can work on all hair and skin types, however the best results are often seen in those with light skin and dark hair.
- Laser hair removal offers a long-term solution to getting rid of body hair.
- The procedure can be performed anywhere on the body.
- Depending on the type of laser used, the procedure is not painful and may only cause slight discomfort. Laser discomfort is not nearly as severe as waxing discomfort. The treatment becomes less uncomfortable each session as the hair becomes finer.
- The procedure typically takes between 10 and 15 minutes – depending on the area of your body from which you are removing the hair.
- Due to the nature of the treatment and the equipment used; the procedure can be a little bit pricey.
- The procedure may involve some discomfort.
- The hair can grow back. Certain factors such as hormones can determine the longevity of your procedure. Should you fall pregnant or begin hormone replacement therapy, you may see you hair begin to grow back faster – even after laser treatment.
- You are not able to wear antiperspirant deodorant for the remainder of the day on which you have had your treatment.
- Some irritation and sensitivity may occur.
As with anything, laser hair removal comes with its own set of pros and cons, however, the long-term nature of the procedure is what most patients find particularly appealing. The idea of shaving less often and no more painful waxing appointments is usually the primary reason many people opt for laser hair removal.
If you have been considering getting laser hair removal there is no better time than now. Contact our team at ADA Aesthetic Medicine to book your consultation today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does laser hair removal hurt?
Many patients describe their experience as painless. However, depending on the type of laser used and the individual, you may experience some slight discomfort.
What areas can be treated with laser hair removal?
Depending on your circumstances, you are able to remove hair from all areas of the body using laser hair removal. During a consultation with our team we will be able to advise if you are eligible for laser hair removal.
How long is the procedure?
This depends largely on the area you are treating as well as the technician. On average, the process can take between ten and fifteen minutes.